Friday, August 21, 2009

SCRIPTURES ABOUT FAMILY!! ♥

Colossians 3:18-21:
Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them. Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.

-My life does not always mirror this scripture, by looking to God and seeking him i can find discipline to honor my parents -Lauryn

3 John 4:
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

-I for the most part walk in truth, every now and then i slip up though. By relying on God I can always be completely truthful and know what God has for me. -Lauryn

Psalm 122:8 (Whole Chapter)
For the sake of my family and friends, I will say,“May you have peace.”

- I do try to spread peace around my family and encourage them to always be happy and be grateful for what God has given us, for his abundance flows. -Lauryn

1 John 3:9 (Whole Chapter)
Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life [ Greek because his seed.] is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God.

-Everyone sins. I can try to act like Jesus and be very consious of everything I do, so i can be more like him everyday. -Lauryn

Mark 5:19 (Whole Chapter)
But Jesus said, “No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been.”

- Telling people about what God has done from them can often be a light to someone in need. so I should often tell of Gods mercy and love. -Lauryn

No comments:

Post a Comment