Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hebrews Book Assignment

Hebrews 12

Lauryn:

Hebrews 12 is definitely an ouch chapter. James is telling us the things that we dont want to hear. He is teaching us to love discipkine, and live blameless and holy in Gods sight. These are hard things to hear. They wake you up to the truths that we so often put aside. Hebrews 12 really got me thinking.

God tells us to love discipline. Though that is hard to do, its true. We should love when God corrects us because as he said in Hebrews 12:6: The Lord punishes those that he loves. This really stuck out to me, and it makes me think differently about the Lord correcting me when im wrong. We should rejoice, because God is just showing us how much he loves us.

Perhaps the best scripture that stuck out to me was, Hebrews 12:14 (Try to live in peace with everyone, and seek to live a clean and holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the lord. This showed me how I should model the way I live. I really loved this scripture, but more importantly this chapter. It has encouraged me to live in a way that I glorify god in everything that I do. Also, knowing that if i dont try to lead a blameless life, i will not see God. That is a scary thought. But it makes me want to be a better person.

Mikki:

Hebrews is a wonderful book it teaches us alot.
Jesus talks much of the angels that are in heaven.
In hebrews 1:7 is says.... Regarding the angels, he says,“He
sends his angels like the winds,his servants like flames of fire.”
This really stood out to me because his angels we made to serve him
like we as his children were.

God also encourages us that we are safe and that he will protect us
through whatever we go through. In hebrews 13:5 we can see this...
Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said,
“I will never fail you.I will never abandon you..” We see that God will never
leave us nor forsake us. He will always here no matter what.

In hebrews we see that God uses his angels not only to protect us but
also to serve him as well. We also see that God DOES protect us from all harm
because we are his chilren. I like the book of Hebres it is very encouraging!

No comments:

Post a Comment